Crawl Space/ Basement Dehumidifiers
During the summer months and shoulder seasons, homeowners get a hard time in creating a unique humidity control due to the cooler temperatures in the basements and crawl spaces.
High humidity in crawl spaces and basements result from:
- Bulk water sipping through. This needs that drainage problems be fixed.
- Evaporation of moisture from the ground.
- Air from the outdoors coming through vents
- Material diffusion. If there are materials with a difference in water vapor pressure, vapor tends to move through the materials.
Here are the best ways to deal with this kind of situation:
- We install a dehumidifier that is solely controlled by temperature conditions in this areas and not the house above.
- We also install a humidistat and a fan system to help the dehumidifier function effectively and efficiently.
- The installed dehumidifier require regular maintenance. Huge water problems in the basement or crawl space may occur if the drain fails.
- The size of the dehumidifier depends on the size of the area it's being installed. If it is a small space, then a standard dehumidifier will do and this also reflects on the cost.
- The crawl space should be able to communicate with the house above for effective relief of pressure.
- For the above to be accomplished, a grille has to be put up on the floor.
- The opening is intended for the air in the house above to move freely downwards.
- Stack effect may win if the crawl space isn’t sealed perfectly to the outside.
- Another recommended way is to seal the entire floor airtight so as to isolate the crawl space from the above house.
BaseAire dehumidifiers are designed for this applications and to ensure that moisture is removed and your crawl space or basement is restored to recommended conditions.
Want To Learn More?
Seven Potential Health Risks of a Humid Environment.
A humid environment refers to an atmosphere with relatively high levels of water vapor. Most people only understand the effects of high humidity on your health, this is mainly because at high humid...
Basement Floor Drying Solutions
Any homeowner with the home with a basement has encountered the damp basement problem. A damp basement is caused by problems in water drying from in the basement wall or the floor. Water in the bas...
Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
Any homeowner whose house has a crawl space understands its importance. A crawl space greatly decreases the chance of the house flooding and provide additional storage space. The crawl space, howev...
Control the humidity levels anywhere inside your home with BaseAire products.
Whether you're located in the Atlantic coastline states, the central states, or the Pacific coastline states, humidity remains an important factor in our daily lives.
The humidity levels change throughout the year depending on different seasons changing. You will never see the increase in humidity, but you will feel it.
Most warm regions, especially along the coastline, are known to have high moisture and humidity levels.
High humidity is not only the biggest threat to the structural integrity of your home, but it can also affect your household belongings and physical health.
At BaseAire, we show our dedication to helping you control the humidity level in your home and commercial workplace by offering a variety of dehumidifiers, different in:
- Airflow capabilities
Our specifically designed dehumidifiers will:
- Decrease the humidity level to below 50%
- Eradicate mold, mildew, and dust mite infestation
- Cleanse the indoor air of any mold spores, odor, and other impurities
- Reduce allergy triggers
The effects of high humidity:
i. High humidity levels in your home will make it feel warmer and stuffier.
ii. Increased humidity will make your home the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and dust mite growth! Known as some of the most common allergy triggers, this can cause health issues.
iii. Skin allergies.
iv. Wood warping – since wood can absorb some of the excess moisture, this makes the wood warp, causing wooden floors to feel uneven as well as wooden doors and windows not closing properly.
v. Appliance failure – in your home, if the excess moisture can condense inside the appliances, this can cause fluid damage to said appliances.
vi. Wallpaper and paint will peel within a space with excess humidity.
vii. Wood rot – wet wood provides the perfect place for fungi growth which causes the wood to rot at an accelerated rate.
Repairing the appliances or replacing the rotting wood can be expensive for many homeowners, hence the importance of a BaseAire dehumidifier.
Common signs of high humidity in the house:
You can easily determine the humidity levels of your home using a hygrometer. But if you do not have access to one, here are some of the signs that show the presence of high humidity in your home:
- Constant reoccurring condensation on window planes and glass doors, especially in the morning.
- Water spots on the walls and ceiling.
- Black mold growth on the walls or ceiling.
In heavily moisturized spaces, like the basement, you will see condensed water on the walls or floor.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifiers are electric appliances that extract excess humidity from the air.
We designed our dehumidifiers to pull the air from the house into the unit where it then passes over a series of coolant coils that condense the excess moisture. This removes odor, mold spores, and other impurities from the air. The unit then collects condensed water in a collection tray or pumped out of the unit depending on the model of BaseAire dehumidifier you buy.
The air is then warmed up and pumped out of the dehumidifier back into the room. This process repeats until the relative humidity level of the space lowers below the set level.
Why should you invest in a BaseAire dehumidifier today?
We have a wide variety of dehumidifiers designed for residential and commercial use. Our engineers have gone a step further, designing need-specific dehumidifiers for the basement, crawlspace, garage, office, and storage room. BaseAire dehumidifiers will lower the humidity levels in your home, making it impossible for harmful allergens like mold, mildew, and dust mites to grow. So, if a customer needs a humidity issue in their home fixed, our dehumidifiers will exceed their expectations. Improve your indoor air quality today! Speak to us about your humidity issues and our water damage & restoration experts will help pick the right dehumidifier for you