In your over 10 years in this industry, we have encountered all the questions you could have for us. We at BaseAire are dedicated to helping all our customers enjoy our products.
Here are some of the most common question we have encountered.
- What is the function of a dehumidifier? – A dehumidifier extracts all the excess humidity from the indoor air. If your home always hot and muggy, this caused by the excess humidity. A dehumidifier ensures the humidity levels in the house remain under 50%.
- What is the source of moisture? – There are several sources of humidity in the house. Outdoor humidity is the major contributor to humidity in your home. This is why should ensure your home remains air-sealed. However, some rooms like the laundry room, kitchen, and the basement have relatively higher levels of humidity. Other sources include rainfall, poor drainage around the house, humidifiers and leaking pipes.
- Will the dehumidifier help with my allergies? – yes, high humidity creates the perfect environment for the growth of mold, mildew, bacteria and dust mites. These are known to trigger allergies, skin any eyes irritation and respiratory problems. When the dehumidifier lowers the level of humidity thus keeping the house dry and mold free.
- Where does the water go? – once the dehumidifier has extracted the excess water is will be collected in the collection tray. BaseAire dehumidifiers allow you 2 options to empty the tray.
- In our smaller capacity dehumidifiers, you will have to manually empty the collection tray when its full.
- For our large capacity dehumidifier that is able to extract many pints of water. We have designed pumps and pipe to direct the extracted water out of the house and pour it at a safe distance.
- What is the ideal humidity levels in the house? – between 40 – 50% of humidity level. At this level of humidity, the house will be comfortable and cool. It is also important to note low humidity levels below 25% can cause discomfort, eye irritations, and respiratory problems.
- What is the difference between capacity at saturation and capacity at AHAM? – the amount of moisture a dehumidifier is able to extract at 100% relative humidity is the capacity at saturation. The capacity at AHAM refers to the amount of moisture that a dehumidifier is able to extract under normal humidity levels. Check out our page of dehumidifier capacities for more information.
- How do I choose the right dehumidifier? – before you can identify which dehumidifier to buy, you must know:
- The square-feet measure of your house or basement.
- Measure the level of humidity in the basement and house.
- The capacity of the dehumidifier you need.
- Determine whether you need a portable free standing or a conventionally fixed dehumidifier.
It is important to buy a dehumidifier with a capacity slightly higher than you need.
- What extra features should I look out for, when choosing a dehumidifier? – There are additional features that you should check for :
- Auto-humidistat – allow the dehumidifier to automatically turn on and off, depending on the humidity levels in the house. Saves power!
- Defrosting and freezing features – this is important especially for crawl space and basement dehumidifier, because of the low temperatures in this spaces.
- Where should I place the dehumidifier? – A dehumidifier should be placed in the most humid rooms. To ensure the dehumidifier is able to achieve its goal ensure the house is as air sealed as possible.
- What is the noise levels produced by an operational dehumidifier? – most dehumidifiers will produce some noise from the compressor and the fan when operational. For BaseAire dehumidifiers we have designed them to produce minimal noise to ensure your home remains comfortable.
- How much power does the dehumidifier consume? – this depends on:
- the capacity of the dehumidifier.
- The level of humidity in the house.
- How long the dehumidifier is left on.
BaseAire dehumidifiers consume less energy compared to other dehumidifiers.
- What to do if the dehumidifier stops working? – for all our customer we highly recommend you call or send an email to our technical team for help. Our technical team is always available 24 hours to help all our customer with any problems they encounter. Or you can check the device guide available on the site.
- How long will the dehumidifier last? - BaseAire dehumidifiers are built to be durable and last for over 20 years.