In your over 10 years in this industry, we have encountered all the questions you could have for us. We at BaseAire are dedicated to helping all our customers enjoy our products.
Here are some of the most common question we have encountered.
- What is the function of a dehumidifier? – A dehumidifier extracts all the excess humidity from the indoor air. If your home always hot and muggy, this caused by the excess humidity. A dehumidifier ensures the humidity levels in the house remain under 50%.
- What is the source of moisture? – There are several sources of humidity in the house. Outdoor humidity is the major contributor to humidity in your home. This is why should ensure your home remains air-sealed. However, some rooms like the laundry room, kitchen, and the basement have relatively higher levels of humidity. Other sources include rainfall, poor drainage around the house, humidifiers and leaking pipes.
- Will the dehumidifier help with my allergies? – yes, high humidity creates the perfect environment for the growth of mold, mildew, bacteria and dust mites. These are known to trigger allergies, skin any eyes irritation and respiratory problems. When the dehumidifier lowers the level of humidity thus keeping the house dry and mold free.
- Where does the water go? – once the dehumidifier has extracted the excess water is will be collected in the collection tray. BaseAire dehumidifiers allow you 2 options to empty the tray.
- In our smaller capacity dehumidifiers, you will have to manually empty the collection tray when its full.
- For our large capacity dehumidifier that is able to extract many pints of water. We have designed pumps and pipe to direct the extracted water out of the house and pour it at a safe distance.
- What is the ideal humidity levels in the house? – between 40 – 50% of humidity level. At this level of humidity, the house will be comfortable and cool. It is also important to note low humidity levels below 25% can cause discomfort, eye irritations, and respiratory problems.
- What is the difference between capacity at saturation and capacity at AHAM? – the amount of moisture a dehumidifier is able to extract at 100% relative humidity is the capacity at saturation. The capacity at AHAM refers to the amount of moisture that a dehumidifier is able to extract under normal humidity levels. Check out our page of dehumidifier capacities for more information.
- How do I choose the right dehumidifier? – before you can identify which dehumidifier to buy, you must know:
- The square-feet measure of your house or basement.
- Measure the level of humidity in the basement and house.
- The capacity of the dehumidifier you need.
- Determine whether you need a portable free standing or a conventionally fixed dehumidifier.
It is important to buy a dehumidifier with a capacity slightly higher than you need.
- What extra features should I look out for, when choosing a dehumidifier? – There are additional features that you should check for :
- Auto-humidistat – allow the dehumidifier to automatically turn on and off, depending on the humidity levels in the house. Saves power!
- Defrosting and freezing features – this is important especially for crawl space and basement dehumidifier, because of the low temperatures in this spaces.
- Where should I place the dehumidifier? – A dehumidifier should be placed in the most humid rooms. To ensure the dehumidifier is able to achieve its goal ensure the house is as air sealed as possible.
- What is the noise levels produced by an operational dehumidifier? – most dehumidifiers will produce some noise from the compressor and the fan when operational. For BaseAire dehumidifiers we have designed them to produce minimal noise to ensure your home remains comfortable.
- How much power does the dehumidifier consume? – this depends on:
- the capacity of the dehumidifier.
- The level of humidity in the house.
- How long the dehumidifier is left on.
BaseAire dehumidifiers consume less energy compared to other dehumidifiers.
- What to do if the dehumidifier stops working? – for all our customer we highly recommend you call or send an email to our technical team for help. Our technical team is always available 24 hours to help all our customer with any problems they encounter. Or you can check the device guide available on the site.
- How long will the dehumidifier last? - BaseAire dehumidifiers are built to be durable and last for over 20 years.
Want To Learn More?
Seven Potential Health Risks of a Humid Environment.
A humid environment refers to an atmosphere with relatively high levels of water vapor. Most people only understand the effects of high humidity on your health, this is mainly because at high humid...
Basement Floor Drying Solutions
Any homeowner with the home with a basement has encountered the damp basement problem. A damp basement is caused by problems in water drying from in the basement wall or the floor. Water in the bas...
Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
Any homeowner whose house has a crawl space understands its importance. A crawl space greatly decreases the chance of the house flooding and provide additional storage space. The crawl space, howev...
Control the humidity levels anywhere inside your home with BaseAire products.
Whether you're located in the Atlantic coastline states, the central states, or the Pacific coastline states, humidity remains an important factor in our daily lives.
The humidity levels change throughout the year depending on different seasons changing. You will never see the increase in humidity, but you will feel it.
Most warm regions, especially along the coastline, are known to have high moisture and humidity levels.
High humidity is not only the biggest threat to the structural integrity of your home, but it can also affect your household belongings and physical health.
At BaseAire, we show our dedication to helping you control the humidity level in your home and commercial workplace by offering a variety of dehumidifiers, different in:
- Airflow capabilities
Our specifically designed dehumidifiers will:
- Decrease the humidity level to below 50%
- Eradicate mold, mildew, and dust mite infestation
- Cleanse the indoor air of any mold spores, odor, and other impurities
- Reduce allergy triggers
The effects of high humidity:
i. High humidity levels in your home will make it feel warmer and stuffier.
ii. Increased humidity will make your home the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and dust mite growth! Known as some of the most common allergy triggers, this can cause health issues.
iii. Skin allergies.
iv. Wood warping – since wood can absorb some of the excess moisture, this makes the wood warp, causing wooden floors to feel uneven as well as wooden doors and windows not closing properly.
v. Appliance failure – in your home, if the excess moisture can condense inside the appliances, this can cause fluid damage to said appliances.
vi. Wallpaper and paint will peel within a space with excess humidity.
vii. Wood rot – wet wood provides the perfect place for fungi growth which causes the wood to rot at an accelerated rate.
Repairing the appliances or replacing the rotting wood can be expensive for many homeowners, hence the importance of a BaseAire dehumidifier.
Common signs of high humidity in the house:
You can easily determine the humidity levels of your home using a hygrometer. But if you do not have access to one, here are some of the signs that show the presence of high humidity in your home:
- Constant reoccurring condensation on window planes and glass doors, especially in the morning.
- Water spots on the walls and ceiling.
- Black mold growth on the walls or ceiling.
In heavily moisturized spaces, like the basement, you will see condensed water on the walls or floor.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifiers are electric appliances that extract excess humidity from the air.
We designed our dehumidifiers to pull the air from the house into the unit where it then passes over a series of coolant coils that condense the excess moisture. This removes odor, mold spores, and other impurities from the air. The unit then collects condensed water in a collection tray or pumped out of the unit depending on the model of BaseAire dehumidifier you buy.
The air is then warmed up and pumped out of the dehumidifier back into the room. This process repeats until the relative humidity level of the space lowers below the set level.
Why should you invest in a BaseAire dehumidifier today?
We have a wide variety of dehumidifiers designed for residential and commercial use. Our engineers have gone a step further, designing need-specific dehumidifiers for the basement, crawlspace, garage, office, and storage room. BaseAire dehumidifiers will lower the humidity levels in your home, making it impossible for harmful allergens like mold, mildew, and dust mites to grow. So, if a customer needs a humidity issue in their home fixed, our dehumidifiers will exceed their expectations. Improve your indoor air quality today! Speak to us about your humidity issues and our water damage & restoration experts will help pick the right dehumidifier for you