Humidity in a house can arise due to different reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- Poor ventilation. The quantity levels of contaminated air being let out of a house and fresh air entering the house affect the poor indoor air quality. Outdoor air pollution levels should, however, be put into consideration during home ventilation.
- Rising damp. Leaks in the drainage system, porous walls and rising damp in a house are determinants for structural dampness due to humidity levels being high.
Choice of construction can also lead to high humidity levels and unwanted moisture indoors.
- Wet materials that are stored unprotected outdoors during the time of construction can cause humidity to rise as time progress.
- Renovations. During renovations, materials like plaster cement and paint need to be given ample time for them to completely dry up. If not the result can be very moldy.
- Geographical location also influences relative humidity. Cooler air has less moisture than warmer air thus warmer weather promotes fast evaporation rates. Tropical and warm areas like lake regions and coastal areas have high humidity levels due to evaporation.
- Drying of laundry indoors can contribute to a house having high levels of humidity.
Installing one of our BaseAire dehumidifiers can help you in solving all house related humidity levels. Humid environments tend to trigger allergies like mold mildew and dust mites which thrive in this conditions.
Having a BaseAire dehumidifier can help you:
- Make your home allergy free by making it less hospitable for allergies like mildew and dust mites.
- The indoors of the house are kept at a recommended temperature that allows health to flourish by reducing irritation of your respiratory system and skin.
- They reduce the possibility of your clothing, furniture, and linens developing mold.
- Fresh produce like bread and cereals remain fresh for longer and clothing dry faster.
- Corrosion or lust won’t be found on tools and other electronics.
- Reduce dust in your home.
Want To Learn More?
Control the humidity levels anywhere inside your home with BaseAire products.
Whether you're located in the Atlantic coastline states, the central states, or the Pacific coastline states, humidity remains an important factor in our daily lives.
The humidity levels change throughout the year depending on different seasons changing. You will never see the increase in humidity, but you will feel it.
Most warm regions, especially along the coastline, are known to have high moisture and humidity levels.
High humidity is not only the biggest threat to the structural integrity of your home, but it can also affect your household belongings and physical health.
At BaseAire, we show our dedication to helping you control the humidity level in your home and commercial workplace by offering a variety of dehumidifiers, different in:
- Airflow capabilities
Our specifically designed dehumidifiers will:
- Decrease the humidity level to below 50%
- Eradicate mold, mildew, and dust mite infestation
- Cleanse the indoor air of any mold spores, odor, and other impurities
- Reduce allergy triggers
The effects of high humidity:
i. High humidity levels in your home will make it feel warmer and stuffier.
ii. Increased humidity will make your home the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and dust mite growth! Known as some of the most common allergy triggers, this can cause health issues.
iii. Skin allergies.
iv. Wood warping – since wood can absorb some of the excess moisture, this makes the wood warp, causing wooden floors to feel uneven as well as wooden doors and windows not closing properly.
v. Appliance failure – in your home, if the excess moisture can condense inside the appliances, this can cause fluid damage to said appliances.
vi. Wallpaper and paint will peel within a space with excess humidity.
vii. Wood rot – wet wood provides the perfect place for fungi growth which causes the wood to rot at an accelerated rate.
Repairing the appliances or replacing the rotting wood can be expensive for many homeowners, hence the importance of a BaseAire dehumidifier.
Common signs of high humidity in the house:
You can easily determine the humidity levels of your home using a hygrometer. But if you do not have access to one, here are some of the signs that show the presence of high humidity in your home:
- Constant reoccurring condensation on window planes and glass doors, especially in the morning.
- Water spots on the walls and ceiling.
- Black mold growth on the walls or ceiling.
In heavily moisturized spaces, like the basement, you will see condensed water on the walls or floor.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifiers are electric appliances that extract excess humidity from the air.
We designed our dehumidifiers to pull the air from the house into the unit where it then passes over a series of coolant coils that condense the excess moisture. This removes odor, mold spores, and other impurities from the air. The unit then collects condensed water in a collection tray or pumped out of the unit depending on the model of BaseAire dehumidifier you buy.
The air is then warmed up and pumped out of the dehumidifier back into the room. This process repeats until the relative humidity level of the space lowers below the set level.
Why should you invest in a BaseAire dehumidifier today?
We have a wide variety of dehumidifiers designed for residential and commercial use. Our engineers have gone a step further, designing need-specific dehumidifiers for the basement, crawlspace, garage, office, and storage room. BaseAire dehumidifiers will lower the humidity levels in your home, making it impossible for harmful allergens like mold, mildew, and dust mites to grow. So, if a customer needs a humidity issue in their home fixed, our dehumidifiers will exceed their expectations. Improve your indoor air quality today! Speak to us about your humidity issues and our water damage & restoration experts will help pick the right dehumidifier for you