How to avoid the harm of mold?
No matter where we live, we all need to breathe to live. But we will eventually breathe many harmful bacteria along with the air. There is always something annoying in the air that is mold. In extreme cases, molds and molds that can cause death are rarely found. According to a 2007 study, molds in the family are directly related to the depression of family members. This article discusses what the whole problem is, draws attention to the negative effects of mold and mildew on our health and well-being, and then suggests how to avoid them.
What is a mold?
Mold is a type of fungus. They are eukaryotic microorganisms, and they are too small for us to see without a microscope. When many molds begin to grow on the surface, it begins to appear in different colors, including green, blue, or black. Mold is spread by making spores that look like very small seeds. Although it is ubiquitous, we are constantly in contact with it; too much contact is harmful. It may cause infections, allergic reactions, or other breathing difficulties. Certain types of mold can produce mycotoxins, creating a toxic respiratory environment for us, our children and our pets.
Mold is another type of fungus, mainly as a white powdery substance. It can grow on organic materials, including wood, leather, clothing, and upholstery. Higher temperature and higher relative humidity are ideal environments for mold growth. It is not always harmful, but it can cause mild to severe symptoms in some people-including respiratory problems and headaches. Some people also experience skin irritation and burning in the eyes and lungs.
Harm of mold
The most severely affected are those of us with weak or low immunity, such as the elderly or young children. Older people may eventually inhale mold, and mold will continue to grow in their lungs. Because their immune system may be weak, it is difficult for the body to take care of invading harmful particles. Once the mold starts to grow inside, the problem gets worse and they start to suffer from respiratory problems. In this case, some kind of medicine is necessary. When exposed to a moldy environment, younger children are also more likely to develop asthma. Children with a family history of asthma have a higher risk of asthma when exposed to mold. Because children cannot take care of themselves, other family members need to ensure that these children are not at risk of developing asthma.
How to avoid them?
Then the obvious question is how to avoid things that are everywhere. The solution is quite simple. Keep the home ventilated, warm, and dry. Mold and mildew cannot grow in dry conditions. The warm temperature also avoids condensation. Ventilation can keep the air replenished and dispel the concentration of mold and mildew indoors. We should not allow the relative humidity to rise above 60%, it is best to keep it below 50%. Using a dehumidifier can easily maintain the relative humidity in the room. It is not only used for dehumidification and dehumidification but also equipped with a series of air filters. Remove mold spores, mold, dust mites and odors, thereby improving indoor air quality. Sometimes, in order to ensure maximum drying, it should also be used with a hairdryer, which can shorten the drying time and is suitable for areas prone to mold and mildew.
Another consideration to avoid mold and mildew is the ambient temperature because temperature and humidity levels affect each other. Warm air increases the maximum amount of moisture that can be contained in the air, while colder air reduces moisture. At the same time, dry or less humid air is easier to heat than air with high humidity. A healthy home environment is based on maintaining a comfortable temperature and humidity combination.
Thank you for reading.